“Happy Chat”. – Take 10 for WA seniors!
Do you Know a Senior on their Own – who would benefit from a Weekly ‘Happy Chat’ Call?
If you’re worried about an elderly Friend, Neighbour, or Relative in WA who is on their own and feeling the ‘pinch’ of the new Social Isolation restrictions, then please let us know!
Simply register them for a 10 minute ‘Happy Chat’’ call twice a week – or sign yourself up. It’s that easy!
With all that’s going on in the world, sometimes it’s nice to just have a ‘quick chat’ about the simple things in life:: such as hobbies, weather, movies, gardening, music and more.
As specialists in in-home care for seniors – we know what impact social isolation can have on an ageing community, at the best of times..
Our team of Caregivers are all trained and police-cleared and all are volunteering their time for this FREE community service from Comfort Keepers.
We’re on Standby and Ready to start calling for a “Happy Chat’ now with Seniors across Perth and all of Western Australia!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- A senior is nominated by a loved one/friend or can Self Refer
- Comfort Keepers confirms time and day with the person
- 2 x 10 min ‘Happy Chat’ calls are scheduled (flexible)
- Laughter, stories & companionship follow!
10 THINGS TO KNOW
- All calls are strictly confidential & privacy respected
- Calls will be via ‘old fashioned’ telephone – no Facetime,
- ‘Happy Chats’ are available for WA Seniors only (70+ ) who are on their own and need of a ‘cheer-up’!
- This service is not a help-line, care or emergency service – but simply a friendly ‘touch base’ from one of our team members (we will aim for same person wherever possible)
- The Recipient can opt out, whenever they choose or scale down the calls to once a week – or fortnight, as preferred.
- If there are any ‘red-flag’ concerns raised during the conversations (ie health, wellbeing, safety, etc) ,our team will contact the nominee, or appropriate health or community service provider for immediate help.
- If self-registering, please provide us with a next of kin or additional contact where possible- just in case..
- Our “Happy Chats” Service starts on 9 April, 2020 and runs until 30 June, 2020 (at this stage).
- No obligation, no assessments, Comfort Keepers is giving back to our community!
- We look forward to speaking with you soon.
HOW TO REGISTER
Thank you for your support of this Free Community Service
“HAPPY CHATS – HAPPY COMMUNITY!”
Complete the registration for below and one of friendly team will be in touch shortly.